Build a Better Board is an online community brought to you by
Executive Service Corps of the Triangle
About Build a Better Board
Executive Service Corps of the Triangle (ESC) has assisted boards and candidates come together since 2006. Over the years, we have facilitated many successful matches, starting with an electronic matching system and now through an online community. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina provided a generous grant to support the Build a Better Board mission.
We are proud to support nonprofits seeking board members and all individuals who seek to serve on nonprofit boards.
About using the Build a Better Board Community
Here are the steps to connecting with nonprofits and board members
- Individuals and nonprofits request access to join the Build a Better Board Community
- The administrator will send you an invite to create log-in credentials for buildabetterboard.slack.com.
- Nonprofits seeking potential board members post to the messaging board “Nonprofit-Community”
- Individuals can reply to nonprofit posts or share their skill set and interests on the messaging board
- Both board members and nonprofits can search the platform for relevant needs or topics
- Individuals and nonprofits can connect 1-1 through the online community or through their own channels
- Please share with firstname.lastname@example.org when you’ve successfully matched with a board.
The Resources section of this website is designed to make the board matching process as effective as possible. Discover a wealth of educational materials for potential board members and organizations. Resources cover topics ranging from board member job descriptions and responsibilities to strategies for ongoing board engagement and recruitment.
About Executive Service Corps
Executive Service Corps of the Triangle (ESC) provides professional, affordable consulting to North Carolina Triangle nonprofits to help them achieve their missions. ESC’s services are provided by dedicated and experienced former executives who are committed to making a difference in their communities through pro bono work. Volunteer consultants come from a variety of management backgrounds in the for-profit and nonprofit sectors, government and academia.
ESC has been serving Triangle nonprofits since 1987 and is part of a national affiliate network, which spans major cities across the nation.
What ESC Provides
- Board Development
- Board Retreat Facilitation
- Guided Organizational Assessment
- Strategic Planning
- Executive Coaching
- Financial Assessment
- Collaboration Opportunities
- Board Matching
- Fundraising Planning
- Additional Services