Build a Better Board Community Code of Conduct
The Build a Better Board Community is intended to facilitate relationships between nonprofits and potential board members.
We want this to be a fun, pleasant, and harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If you need technical assistance with the platform, please contact email@example.com. If you have any concerns or questions regarding this code of conduct, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please keep what’s said on the messaging board confidential. Don’t repeat or quote things said here without the affirmative consent of the speaker(s).
Please be mindful that things you say here may at some point become public. While we expect members to honor the confidentiality of this space, we cannot guarantee that they will do so–nor can we guarantee that every member’s login credentials and logged-in devices are secure. Please exercise caution and refrain from sharing sensitive information that could harm you or others if it became public.
This messaging board is powered by Slack. Slack is a U.S. company and therefore subject to subpoenas from U.S. courts. Our logs may be subject to subpoena and could become public as part of legal proceedings.
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment.
- Deliberate misgendering or use of ‘dead’ or rejected names
- Gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behavior in spaces where they’re not appropriate
- Simulated physical contact (e.g. textual descriptions like “hug” or “backrub”) without consent or after a request to stop.
- Threats of violence
- Incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm
- Deliberate intimidation
- Sustained disruption of discussion
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease
- Publication of non-harassing private communication
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact email@example.com. They’ll respond as promptly as they can.
We will respect confidentiality requests for the purpose of protecting victims of abuse. At our discretion, we may publicly name a person about whom we’ve received harassment complaints, or privately warn third parties about them. We will not name harassment victims without their affirmative consent.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the admins may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from this community.
This Code of Conduct is intended to be a set of guidelines to maintain an environment where everyone can feel comfortable, not a definitive list of every eventuality we may need to take action on.